Monday, December 24, 2012

Glutton - Part 18

I am responsible for the state of my body right now.
 
My choices have led me to this place.
 
Its not the fault of my genes, my mother or the evil food industry (although none of those guys were terribly helpful either).
 
I am responsible for the state of my body next year.
 
Not my husband, my friends or that heifer little Debbie and her delicious snack cakes.
 
I am a glutton. My sinful relationship with food has damaged me physically,emotionally and spiritually.
 
I acknowledge that.
 
But I reject that description as my definition. I am defined by who God says that I am. 
I am forgiven.
I am beloved.
 
Every day God gives me is a chance to right all these wrongs. I use the title glutton because I want to rob that word of its power.  I am a child of the Most High God. I may be a glutton today but I don't have to be a glutton forever.
 
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."
John 8:36

No comments: