Thursday, December 20, 2012

Book Review - Winter of the World



I am so scared that Ken Follett is going to die before he finishes this series.  He's not sick or anything but the amount of research it must take to write these books seems like it would be enough to kill even a healthy man. 

This book continues the story Follett began in Fall of Giants.  So remember how I annoyed my husband while reading that book?  Yeah.  I continued that tradition.  There is just so much interesting history in this book.  Why can't schools teach like this?  This book continues telling the story of the 20th century through the families Follett strategically places in several different countries.  This book specifically deals with World War 2.  It's illuminating.  It's heartbreaking.  It's infuriating.  And, from what Kevin tells me, it's all true.

This book would be a great eBook if you have that option.  It is almost 1000 pages.  And a book that heavy is just not comfortable to read.  And, yes, I am that lazy.  Thanks for asking.

No comments: