Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Winter Guard 2012

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free picture slideshow personalized with Smilebox
I must admit that Winter Guard was a learning experience for me. Marching Band I know. But winter guard didn't happen at my high school. So now I know more than I ever wanted to know about winter guard. I still like marching band better but this deal is growing on me. I thought the fees and practice schedule was outrageous until I took a trip with the guard to Muncie, IN for a competition. We drove a minivan convoy for 6 hours in the pouring rain. Our destination was a church in Muncie that let us stay very cheap in their youth group wing and use their gym for rehearsal. We arrived tired and grumpy around midnight. Through the rain I watched 25 teenage girls unload all their equipment(which filled a small u-haul) and not complain once. That, my friends, is what I'm paying for. And it is worth every penny.

No comments: