Friday, August 10, 2012

Book Review - Love Does



This book changed my life.

You think I am exaggerating? 

Gotta tell you.  Not much.

Bob Goff made me love Jesus more than I already did (which I kinda thought was impossible.)

Here's a few examples of why he is awesome.

“And for me, I’ve realized that I used to be afraid of failing at the things that really mattered to me, but now I’m more afraid of succeeding at things that don’t matter.”

“Every day God invites us on the same kind of adventure. It's not a trip where He sends us a rigid itinerary, He simply invites us. God asks what it is He's made us to love, what it is that captures our attention, what feeds that deep indescribable need of our souls to experience the richness of the world He made. And then, leaning over us, He whispers, "Let's go do that together.” 

I used to think God guided us by opening and closing doors, but now I know sometimes God wants us to kick some doors down.

Maybe this book won't change your life.  But I bet, if you read it, you will start asking yourself. "What would Bob do?"  and you will smile every time you do. 

If you want an antidote to the poisonous Christians? that you see on TV, Bob Goff is the answer.

1 comment:

jenmulford@comcast.net said...

Sooo ditto all of it!

WWBD!