Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Book Review - A Discovery of Witches




Let me start by saying this.  I, as a Christian, have no problem reading about wizards, witches, vampires, etc.  Fiction is...fiction. 

I also read a lot about undecided voters and compassionate conservatives and I'm pretty sure they don't exist either. 

What I'm trying to say is calm down.  It's just a book.

All that being said, it's pretty dang good.  It's very long which is surprising since it is the first in a planned trilogy.  While reading it, I wondered if the author meant to write one book but just had so much in her head that it would not fit.  This deal is just chock full of every magical detail you could possibly imagine.

There's a witch, her lesbian witch aunts, a hunky vampire, his son, his mother and some daemons.  (What the heck is a daemon?  I still do no know for sure.)  There's also a magical witch house, an enchanted book and time travel.

What else do you need to know?

No comments: