Thursday, September 6, 2012

Book Review - Gone Girl

 
 
The following is a true story.
 
I read a few chapters of this book.  I was immediately hooked by the story.  The writing is just excellent.  So, as usual, I talked to Kevin about the book.  He rarely reads fiction so I generally just give him a brief summary of whatever I am reading.  One night I placed the book on my nightstand and fell asleep.  The next morning, Kevin appeared unrested at best.  He sheepishly admitted that he had stayed up most of the night reading this book.   I demanded that he not speak to me until I finished because this book had so many delicious twists and turns, I feared that just looking at him would give away the ending.
 
My husband loves many things.  His children, ice cream, me, etc.  But he really, really loves sleep.  So if he gave up a good night's rest to read this book then , trust me, you should too.

No comments: