Friday, March 23, 2012

What?!?!?

Let me start by saying this:

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

I absolutely believe this.  It's the foundation of my whole faith.

That being said...I often read a verse that completely befuddles me.  More often than not, the study bible footnotes are no help either.  So from now on I am going to post these verses and see if any of you can help.  I know they are in the Bible for a reason.  I just don't know what that reason is in every case.
Here's the first one:


Then Samuel said, “Bring here to me Agag the king of the Amalekites.” And Agag came to him cheerfully. Agag said, “Surely the bitterness of death is past.”  And Samuel said, “As your sword has made women childless, so shall your mother be childless among women.” And Samuel hacked Agag to pieces before the Lord in Gilgal.

1 Samuel 15:32-33

What?!?!?!

1 comment:

Zebraman said...

Clearly, Samuel was a young, up and coming Cappo in La Casa Nostra and had to take some Soprano's-level vengeance on Agag for muscling in on his turf.

But, wow. Agag was all cheerful and was all "let bygones be bygones" and Samuel was like "I'm gonna get all kinds of bygone on yo momma, byatch!"

Then, badda-boom, badda-bing - Agag is sleepin wit da fishes.