Thursday, March 8, 2012

Book Review - Game of Thrones




Game of Thrones was a fantastic book.  Just like I like them.  Long.  Involved. Tons of characters.
I made the mistake of leaving it in the bathroom and Kevin found it.  He devoured the whole thing in three days before I wrestled it back from him.  He rarely reads any fiction so I love it when we read the same things because it gives us one more thing to talk about.  He went on to the second book in the series while I was finishing up the first. Luckily Kevin knows me very well. He knows that I'm uber-sensitive to scenes of violence ,torture etc.  This is why I can't finish the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.  I loved the first one but I just couldn't get past the scenes of violence.  They weren't gratuitous but I just cannot do it.  While there were a few of those scenes that were hard to read in Game of Thrones,  Kevin knew that I would not be able to handle what was coming in the next books. So he read them for me for me and edited out all the bad parts. 
Ain't he sweet? 
Isn't I lucky?

1 comment:

Zebraman said...

I need one of those redaction pens so I can blot out the horrors while leaving the rest for you to read.