Friday, April 9, 2010

Young Author's Conference

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Kaylee the Young Author
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own photo slideshow


After an excrutiating process, Kaylee finished her submission to the Young Author's Conference. She was one of only five stories selected from her class to attend the conference . We headed to Cumberland University where Kaylee would present her story and see a presentation by an (apparently) famous author. I admit to a bias regarding the quality of my own child's story. But let me tell ya, some of those other kids needed more parental involvement in my opinion. One fifth grader wrote what seemed like a 30 page story about a bar shooting complete with graphic coroner details. My kid doesn't even know what a coroner is. Your's shouldn't either as far as I am concerned. That being said, we had a good time together and I could not be more proud.

No comments: