Thursday, April 29, 2010

Quoted

"I am responsible to God for your protection. This really isn't about you or being your friend or what you think. This is about me, answering to God for how I have protected you. I don't care if it makes you mad or sad or glad. I'm the mom. I will stand in front of God one day, and I'm taking that seriously."

- Angela Thomas


Everything I believe about being a mom and a step-mom is encompassed in this quote. I may get a tattoo just to emphasize it's importance. Or possibly a cross stitched pillow. I don't expect any of the kids to understand this now. In fact, I imagine at least half of them will have some kind of snarky response. This statement doesn't mean I won't fail often. It doesn't mean I won't make a colossal mess every now and again. It only means that, very simply, I do not answer to you.

No comments: