Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Savannah



Savannah turns 12 today. I've been joking that she only has one more year before she starts hating my guts. I hope that's not true. She's such a good kid. I am so proud of her grades and talents but more than anything, I am so humbled by her love of God. Here's a perfect example from the past year. One day I was in a bad mood. I was upset by jealousy. I was seething with envy over something ridiculously stupid. I even recognized how stupid it was which was the cause of my bad mood. Savannah was going through some papers and she found our donation envelope for the Nashville Rescue Mission. She looked up at me and asked if she could donate her allowance. At that moment, I realized that somebody should be jealous of me.

I love you so much lamma dicky! Please don't turn into a mean teen next year, ok?

No comments: