Saturday, April 24, 2010

Book Review




"The bible teaches that there are no lost causes. No permanent pit-dwellers except those who refuse to leave. Every person can know the complete redemption of Jesus Christ, purpose for life, and fullness of joy. No, life won't ever be easy but the trade-off is a spin around Planet Earth that actually means something. I am convinced that when the last chapter of each life story is recorded in the annals of heaven, people would rather have lived out their fullness of days with purpose more than painlessness."



I had no good reason to read this book. Although I feel I am always in a pit of some kind (usually of my own making)there was no big spiritual crisis in my life that drove me into the library looking for a self help book. Basically, I love Beth Moore (Savannah and I are gonna see her again in December. WOOT!!!) and I had never read this particular book before.

Moore describes a variety of different 'pits' we end up in. Some we create (that's me)and jump in, some we fall in by accident, and some we get pushed or thrown into. When I look back on my life, I can see all of these scenarios represented. She gives some useful advice on staying out of the 'pit' but even she would admit that it's easier said than done.

No comments: