Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dear Mr Limbaugh,

Sweet biscuits, I hate your guts.

I generally try to pretend that I live in a world where you don't exist. I try to relegate you to the fat, acne ridden goobers I knew in middle school who existed only to taunt those of us who actually came to school to learn and stuff. But this is more than I can take. I am seriously on the edge of a remarkable fury.

I was really sad about the story of John Edward's affair. Not because I'm a lefty hack. (He's not actually running or holding office right now so the political side of me could care less, btw.) But because I really believed Edward's was a good man and I felt strongly about the issues he championed.

I have never hid the fact that I LOVE his wife Elizabeth. She's the kind of woman I aspire to be. Unfortunately, Elizabeth and I now share some common ground that I would not have wished on my worst enemy. And she gets to walk through this nightmare with douchebags like you rubbing salt in the wounds.

According to your ridiculous logic, Mrs Edwards was too smart and used her mouth for too much talking. Therefore, it stands to reason that her husband was virtually forced to betray her. What you probably don't realize, because you have the emotional maturity of a chicken egg, is that Elizabeth has already had that very same thought. She has lain awake at night trying to figure out exactly what SHE did wrong. She wonders what she could have done to prevent this. And she will probably continue to have these thoughts for years. No one will suffer more from this affair than her.

John Edward's is a public figure so Elizabeth will not receive the privacy she has requested during this horrific time in their lives. I imagine her children will see their dad's former mistress on television, her grown daughter will be followed by reporters. And no matter what Elizabeth Edwards accomplishes for the rest of her life, that mistress will forever be a footnote to her story. And for all that, I'm pretty much resigned to hating her husband.

I hate to admit that I have more disdain for him than I do for you, Mr Limbaugh. He was , after all, the one who should have protected them from being fodder for your trash talk in the first place. You're just a pathetic man who makes fun of sick people. And, honestly, how could I have expected you to do otherwise.

1 comment:

Zebraman said...

I've heard that her cancer is terminal. If that's true, then she won't have a lot of late nights staring at the ceiling in contemplation. Very sad...

And my word is "odfubs". Sounds like a goof or trip caused by clumsiness. "Rachel had an odfubs again!". ;^)