Monday, February 25, 2013

Glutton - Part 25


I have been rejected.

I entered this series in a Christian writing contest a few weeks ago. 

They picked 30 finalists.

Apparently I was 31.  (They didn't actually tell me I was 31st, I have just decided to believe that.)

One of the chosen manuscripts was titled Kids, Dogs and Kitchen Disasters. 

Another was Please Pass the Aspirin.

Seriously.

I lost to books about dogs and aspirin.

If ever I had a problem with arrogance, I feel confident I have been cured of that affliction.
(And don't get me wrong, those books might be awesome.  I'm sure they took lots of work and don't deserve to be made fun of by me. But come on.  Those titles just drip Lifeway best seller, don't they?)

But I am so glad that I entered this deal.  Because it's exactly the kind of thing I would NEVER do .  Pressing the 'Send' Button to enter that contest was saying "I think what I have created is important enough for you to read."  And if you know me even a little bit, then you know what a leap of faith that was for me.

So Glutton continues.  It may not be an every week deal.  (I know you will be shocked but I often have not one dang thing to say.) 

I am planning a book for when I get skinny though.  The working title is "How I kicked fat right in the butt and you can too!"  I would think about pre-ordering if I was you.

No comments: