Friday, June 15, 2012

CSA - Week 4

This week we got peaches!!!



I made this peach cobbler and dropped half of it into the hot oven when the buttery casserole dish literally jumped out of my hands.  It smelled great though.  Next week, I will try again.
Note:  I pretty much only use Paula Deen's dessert recipes.  They have never failed me and they all start with one stick of butter.  It just works, people.





We also received carrots, red cabbage, green beans, onions, strawberries and...
zucchini and squash.
Let me just say that I am sick of zucchini and squash already.  Here's the recipe I am planning to try though.  Don't worry, it's not a Pinterest recipe so your chance of success is good.

The cheese this week is a marinated goat cheese.  It looks like two discs of awesome floating in a jar of buttery, herbed oil. 

We did get around to trying the spreadable goat cheese.  The serving suggestion was to eat it drizzled with honey.

Oh. Dear. God.

This stuff is gonna be served at heaven's cafeteria.  Yowza!!!

1 comment:

Jen Mulford said...

So jealous about your fruit. No fruit this week for me. You should have seen the look on my kids faces when they realized there were no strawberries...just sad. :)

At least some of the peach cobbler was edible. It's one of my favs so I hope to get some soon.

Paula Dean desserts...heard that! They rock!