Monday, June 18, 2012

Book Review - The Peach Keeper




I was really looking forward to reading this book.  Just look at the cover.  Isn't it beautiful?  Plus it has rave reviews in all the right places. (You'd think I would have learned my lesson on that deal by now.)

Anyway, I started reading and within ten pages I thought "Those two old ladies killed that guy when they were young and have kept it a secret for 70 years." 

And guess what?  "Those two old ladies killed that guy when they were young and have kept it a secret for 70 years." 

I issued no spoiler alert for that because anyone who has ever read a book could see that coming. 

The rest of her contrived storyline is just as bad.  My personal favorite is the guy that everyone has assumed to be gay for the past 20 years turns out to be a heterosexual.  Let me ask you a question?  Has that ever happened?  EVER? 

No comments: