Saturday, June 9, 2012

CSA WARNING



Oh merciful savior...

DO NOT try the strawberry recipe from the last post.



Never in the history of recipes has anything turned out so badly.  Oh good grief...

I admit that I am not the greatest cook but the recipe was pretty simple and I'm not sure how this could be my fault.  The texture (once I scraped them off the pan) was about what I thought they should be but the flavor was almost indescribable.  It was like Satan had declared war on my taste buds.  Sour, bitter and just horrible.  The worst part is that during the three hours they were in the oven, the house smelled like a strawberry fairyland.  How could something smell so good and taste so bad?

At this point I have to assume that no recipes on Pinterest are any good.  I am at a 0% success rate with recipes that have people gushing praise all over the Internet.  I'm no master chef but I can't possibly be such a bad cook that I am screwing up every "The World's Best fill in the blank" recipe.




2 comments:

Jen Mulford said...

Thanks for the warning. That totally stinks that you wasted the strawberries :(

Zebraman said...

Glad I missed that delicacy!