Thursday, September 15, 2011

Book Review - Black Heels to Tractor Wheels



I think I have mentioned how much I love The Pioneer Woman. I stumbled onto her blog while googling "Best chocolate cake". Not only did she have the best chocolate cake recipe, she had so much more. She shared so unapologetically about almost every aspect of her life that I felt like we were close friends even though we never met. She also got me in trouble. The Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) refers to her children as 'punks'. Obviously she loves her kids so 'punks' is not an insult, it's a term of endearment. I copied this habit of hers to disastrous consequences. Lesson learned...hopefully.

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels is the story of Ree's courtship and early marriage to Marlboro Man. It was originally published in chapter long installments on her website. She added some new material when she compiled the stories into this book. If you have never visited her website, you will still enjoy the book. Ree is hilarious and completely unassuming. She pokes lots of fun at herself which is my favorite hobby as you know.

No comments: