Saturday, November 6, 2010

Book Review





I think I was supposed to like this book. I didn't.

I really like the idea of this book. A couple meet and yada, yada, yada at their college graduation. They form an odd friendship and each chapter of the book takes place on the anniversary of the day they met. This goes on for like twenty years. Sounds pretty awesome, doesn't it? It wasn't.

Basically I felt like I had read about this couple before. They felt stale to me. Pretty, smart, politically motivated Emma and rebellious, rich, handsome Dexter. I assume that I am supposed to want these two crazy kids to work out their differences and make the relationship work. They do and I could've cared less. Some other stuff happens so I won't spoil it for you but, trust me, that stuff is pretty boring too.

No comments: