Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kate and Jon

I admit that I'm overly interested in this couple's marriage. I'm not proud of that. In my mind, I have written about seventy furious blog posts regarding the breakup of this marriage. Please don't tell me it's none of my business. I'm fully aware of that. But I also know the long, painful road that these two are about to take. They won't be going alone. And I am just so friggin weary of people telling me how resilient kids are and how it's so much better for kids to have parents that are 'happy', blah, blah, blah.

Rabbi Shmuley says it better than I ever could so I'll shut up and just politely request that you read his take on the subject.


I’m looking at the divorce itself. I’m a child of divorce and the idea that divorce doesn’t affect kids is a lie, a terrible lie, which is parroted in our society because of how commonplace it has become.

Go read the whole article. It's ok if you disagree. I would love to be wrong about this subject.

No comments: