Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

I actually cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner this year. It was a pretty low key deal and I really enjoyed myself. I always wanted to be able to host a holiday meal for my family but my house in Hendersonville was just too small.

Here is what I learned from my first Thanksgiving.


- Never clean your oven PRIOR to Thanksgiving.

- Corn casserole expands in the pan. A lot. And it will flat ruin your clean oven.

- Nobody likes corn casserole anyway.

- I am thankful for wine. There. I said it.


- I can kick ass at Trivial Pursuit when I am intoxicated.

- Nothing will sober you up like hearing the phrase "Katie barfed all over the new carpet!" at 2:30 AM.

- Kids want their mom when they are sick. Period. And they don't care if you have to call and wake her up at the butt crack of dawn.


Kevin has some pics here. I was too busy cooking to take any :)

No comments: