Sunday, November 20, 2011

Quoted - Tozer Edition

"Much of our difficulty stems from our unwillingness to take God as He is and adjust our lives accordingly."
AW Tozer

Did you ever question your parents? I mean out loud? To their face?
I made the mistake of doing this to my mother a time or two. She responded the same way each time with this question: "Who do you think you are?" There may also have been a curse word in there somewhere. But I knew very well what she meant. She was the mom and I was the kid. I knew she loved me and wanted nothing but the best for me. It was my job to be a kid and leave the hard stuff up to her.

We do this same thing with God. Whenever some tragedy occurs be it minor or catastrophic, you will invariably hear someone ask "How could a loving God allow this to happen?" I don't have a good answer to that question...ever. (If I had the answer, I would write an awesome book about it though.) But God is God and I am not. I believe He loves us all. I believe He has a plan for me. Some days I have to try hard to remember that I am the kid and God can handle the hard stuff.

No comments: