Saturday, November 26, 2011

Book Review - Double Shot

More Lincoln Lawyer books. I love these so friggin much.


I'm not sure if I am reading them in the right order but it doesn't really seem to matter. In this one, Micky Haller is working mostly on foreclosures. One of his foreclosure clients gets accused of murdering a bank employee. If you have any interest in law, then this book will tickle you. If you don't...well I'm assuming you won't be attempting to read this one anyway.

Fair warning...There is a twisty ending and it may make you sad, mad and/or annoyed.


I think this is an earlier one.  I like that Connelly writes these books in a way that eliminates cliffhangers and continuity issues.   In this novel. Haller is asked to work as a prosecuting attorney.  A child killer has had his conviction overturned and the District attorney wants to retry the case.  He asks Haller to serve as the prosecutor to eliminate any conflict of interest. 

It's an interesting turn of events.  The detective Harry Bosch that Haller is usually battling in court is his partner in this case.  (Also, some kind of way, Mickey and Harry are half brothers.  This must have been revealed in one of the books I haven't read yet.)Mickey gets to work with his ex-wife Maggie who is also a prosecutor on the case.  It's fun to watch Mickey work out of his element.  The author is allowing this character to grow and change and that alone makes me anxious to read what happens next.

No comments: