Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Challenge - Fail Edition




So remember how I was going to read the bible in 90 days?

Yeah.

About that. I failed. Guess how long it took for me to fall behind?

No seriously. Just guess.

ONE DAY!!!!!!!

I could not keep up with the reading schedule for 24 friggin hours.
The only excuse I can provide is that I really had no idea how overwhelming the kids would be this summer. By the time they finished demanding breakfast as if I were a short order cook (which, I guess, I kinda am) they were anxious to know the day’s activites. It goes without saying that I had not planned the day's activities.

Nevertheless, the fault is entirely mine. I have read quite a bit this summer so the 12 Bible pages per day should have been completely doable. But I find it impossible to just ‘skim’ the Bible. I can read a novel at the pool while watching the kids and talking to a girlfriend but the Bible requires my complete attention.

I really miss my complete attention.

I hope to find it again soon.

1 comment:

Zebraman said...

I will be doing my best to deny you your complete attention. End of message. Until the next message...