Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Katie!



Katie is ten years old.
I have known her now for exactly half her life. She’s still sassy. I’m guessing that will never change. She’s crafty. This year she has created a wide variety of items ranging from wallets to pillows completely out of duck tape. She loves to cook…and she’s pretty good at it. She has made the desserts for the last two gatherings we have had and everybody loved them. The most interesting thing about Katie, this year, is the way she has become what we call ‘the toddler whisperer’. If a 2-3 year old kid comes within a mile of Katie, they fall in love with her. It happens every time and I love watching her with them. She is so patient and sweet and so unlike her normal, somewhat grumpy, cynical self. I might have another baby just so Katie can help me take care of it.

On second thought…No.

Happy Birthday Katie! Let’s show 5th grade who’s boss.

No comments: