Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Book Review




I beg you.

Please do not read this book.

It is honestly one of the best written books I have ever read but I wish I had never picked it up. It is simply a horrifying story. Some reviewers at Amazon said they felt the book was hopeful. I was just hopeful I could finish it without making a Prozac sandwich.

Little Bee is a Nigerian refugee. You see...right there I should have known. How happy could a book about a Nigerian refugee be? Little Bee has an encounter with a British couple on the beach near her village. There are tragic consequences for pretty much everybody.

The author has created these haunting, real characters. He writes all this horror without any cliches or heavy handedness. It's just a fantastic book.

But, please, don't even think about reading it.

No comments: