Sunday, September 12, 2010

Book Review - Quick Takes (Mostly nonfiction edition)



This book surprised me actually. I expected a long rambling discourse on heaven. I'm not suggesting that would have been bad. I was just intrigued that the author chose to spend the majority of his book discussing his accident and recovery. It was WAY less cheesey than I anticipated. And believe me I was prepared for a lot of cheese.



I tried hard not to read this book. Even when Oprah gave it the go ahead, I resisted. I have no idea why. Then I read the book. Now I know why. Good grief this chick is full of herself. I know it's a personal memoir but for THE LOVE OF GOD. There is a hysterical chapter involving pizza in Naples. The rest of it...bite me lady.




This book literally made me LOL. Poor Kevin had to endure two days of me reading this thing aloud. The chapter about colonics was Pulitzer worthy. (Also, note to self, never have a colonic. kthxbai.) Beyond the funny, I identified a bit too strongly with the author's food addiction. You either get it or you don't. If you don't, count yourself lucky and go eat half a candy bar.



Charlaine Harris...why can't I quit you?

No comments: