Monday, October 12, 2009

Savannah's Road Trip



When Kevin and I met, he told me about this tradition he had of taking his kids(individually) on some kind of trip once they were in the fifth grade. I loved the idea but as a working, single mom I never considered the possibility of being able to do it with my own children. Once Kevin and I got married and I quit my job, it was much easier to manage.

I honestly have not been alone with Savannah since she was 1 year and 5 days old. (That's when Kaylee was born.) She's a really great kid and as my oldest, she takes on a lot of work around here. She is so responsible that I end up asking her to do more just because I know she will do it without complaint. I'm trying to get better at delegating but I'm failing most of the time. Luckily, Savannah understands...or I hope she does.


We got a late start planning the trip so we didn't end up going until she was in sixth grade. We attended a Beth Moore Living Proof event in Memphis, TN. Savannah is probably the only eleven year old girl I would ever consider taking to a bible conference. She is so spiritually mature. It astounds me. It amuses me. It gives me hope for the other kids :)


The conference started on Friday night and continued through Saturday morning. I got lost in Memphis several times. We ate very late dinners at the IHOP and we saw Fame (a truly horrible movie) in a very scuzzy theater. And we had a fantastic time.

No comments: