Thursday, October 1, 2009

Book Review - Summer Confession Series

I know it's not summer anymore but I felt the need to explain the shortage of book reviews for the past few months. I made an innocent mistake and ordered the Sookie Stackhouse novels. (You know - the ones that are the basis for the True Blood series on HBO?)



These books are like Tootsie Rolls. No nutritional value at all yet I could not stop until the bag was empty. The stories center on a white trash barmaid named Sookie Stackhouse and her vampire boyfriend. I know vampires are ubiquitous right now. It's not my fault. Also, why aren't more books written about white trash barmaids? They should be.

So, no, I still haven't got around to reading 100 Years of Solitude but I still have loads of time before the new year. And in my defense, these books have werewolves and shapeshifters in 'em. How was I supposed to NOT read them all?

No comments: