Thursday, March 12, 2009

Book Review




Sweet biscuits, I loved this book. I admit it's not literature but I'm no booksnob. Some days you need to read a funny paperback. It's good for you.
Trust me.

The story is about the Spellman family who own a private detective agency. There is a mom, a dad, a crazy uncle, a perfect son, an imperfect daughter and their precocious little sister. I honestly can't remember reading anything like it before. The characters are so well written that they feel real by the middle of the book. This happens to me a lot, by the way. Some characters become so real for me that I think about them long after I have finished the book. I even wonder how they would behave in certain situations. I'm not proud of this. Just keeping it real.

This book has a smartly written mystery, tons of family drama, a few car chases and a dentist. What more could you want?

Also, Lisa Lutz has written two more Spellman books so ...yeah!

No comments: