Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Flight-Part Drunk

So I finished my meal and my wine and Kevin's wine and possibly the wine of the guy in front of me. The details are sketchy. The entire flight was 2 hours and 5 minutes. I remember seeing on a 20/20 episode many years ago that your body can process one alcoholic drink per hour. Let me state unequivocally that that information is false. I closed my eyes as the plane started to descend. It felt like I was on the world's best rollercoaster. Not scary, just fun. Around this time, the flight attendant appeared again to offer me a fresh baked cookie. I'm not sure why I thought this was funny. But I giggled ucontrollably for a while nonetheless.


It seems as if, at this point, Kevin should have realized I was out of it. Whether he did or not, he continued to converse with me as if I could grasp anything he was talking about. I did a lot of nodding. When the landscape of Arizona came into view, he pointed out what he claimed was a large field full of unused aircraft.

"See", he said.

I didn't see.

He looked incredulous that I could not see those planes so I quickly countered with "Oh, those planes, yes of course. " He might have bought it if I hadn't started laughing hysterically. I have no poker face. It's sad really.


Kevin was alternating between embarrassment and amusement, mostly amusement I hope. We landed and I managed to get my carry on bag from the overhead compartment without incident. As we disembarked, I was trying to convince myself that I was fine. I was almost convinced until we reached the first escalator.

Oh Lordy.

1 comment:

Zebraman said...

Too funny! Now you have to tell the story about the goofy sign the limo driver was holding. :^)

-K