Thursday, January 15, 2009

WANT!


Ok. I want a dog. I know. It's ridiculous. Wanting a newborn would make more sense. At least it would be a tax deduction. I think mainly I have fallen victiom to peer pressure. Two of my favorite bloggers, Tbogg and Pioneer Woman both have basset hounds. I had one when I was growing up and maybe I'm just having some nostalgia issues.


These are the reasons I definitely should not get a dog.

- There are 9 people living in this house at least 50% of the time.

- Although it's a losing battle, I really like to have a clean house. Shut up. I said I was losing the battle.

- We have no fence and we won't be getting a fence anytime in the near future.

- For all their promises to the contrary, the kids will not be helping me with the dog. Oh sure, they'll make an attempt for a few weeks (if I'm lucky) but I think we all know that, as with most everything, I will end up feeding, walking and training the dog. This is not an attempt to paint myself as a martyr, it's just true. You know. I know it. They know it.

- Dogs have long, horrible toenails and we have leather furniture.

- Dogs have to be walked early in the morning even if it's cold and/or you want to sleep late.

-Did I mention that we often have 9 people living here already?



These are the reasons I definitely should get a dog.

- It would annoy the cat which would bring me joy.





That's all I have but it really seems like plenty, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Zebraman said...

As long as we enroll it in obedience school!

Rachel said...

Let's enroll the kids in obedience school and leave the dog out of it :)