Monday, September 8, 2008

The Lead Up - Part I

There were several times during late July and early August that I really believed this wedding wasn't going to happen. We had spent the better part of a year planning a marriage and about 15 minutes planning a wedding. I still think we had our priorities straight. But the drama unfolded nonetheless. Full disclosure: the drama mostly was inside my head.


We discovered pretty quickly that even a small ceremony with a miniscule number of guests can be a complete pain in the butt to put together. This is where I admit that I acted quite badly. In my defense, I think planning a wedding produces a comparable number of hormones as, say, early pregnancy...with sextuplets. I have no idea why this is true but trust me. I cried every day for two weeks. Admittedly, I am more emotional than your average gal but this nonsense bordered on the ridiculous.


Major life changes are stressful. 4 or 5 major life changes all at the same should make one eligible for prescription meds. We moved in at the beginning of August. I had been packing for weeks and the physical move went as smoothly as could be expected. (Kevin enlisted Dylan, Emily, and some of their friends which helped big time.) I tried to quit my job which involved lots of hysterics at the office. We were also trying to get all the kids ready to start school. It was a perfect storm.

No comments: