Tuesday, August 28, 2007

In the beginning...

The first blog I ever read was Eschaton. It was around 2002 and between Ryan's very conservative family and our circle of friends at church, I couldn't find very many people who agreed with my political ideology. While I have always had a fairly argumentative nature, the post Clinton world had taught me to keep my mouth shut. At that point, I was still a stay-at-home mom so I was isolated in a lot of ways until I discovered that the internet could be used for more than shopping. I stumbled into the blogosphere and happily took up residence. I didn't and don't always agree with their views and I like being detached enough to never contemplate political blogging myself. I abandon them on weekends, holidays and vacations but Monday morning generally finds me perusing my small cadre of blogs before I "really" start working.

This is my favorite blog post...ever. It never fails to make me laugh.



No comments: