Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolved 2011 Edition

I have written this post multiple times in my head. I've called you out. I've called them out. I have whined. I have complained. And this, in essence, is my problem. My focus is completely screwed up.

My purpose in life is to glorify God. Period.

But I haven't been doing that.

I really thought I was. I really meant to. But somewhere along the way, I decided that my purpose was to control everything that happened under this roof. I had the best of intentions. Most idiots do. I held on so tight that it seems like the whole thing just crumbled in my hand. So I'm resolved to let go. And it's the hardest thing I have ever contemplated doing.

I face 2011 blessed beyond measure. I have a husband who loves me. I have healthy, happy children and stepchildren. I have a home, a yard and a stupid dog.

Letting go does not, in any way, mean giving up. But I look forward to seeing just how God might use a chubby housewife if she will give Him His rightful place in her life.

No comments: