Monday, July 21, 2008

Insurance Company Rules

This is funny in a 'wanna beat my head against my desk and cry' kind of way. In one sense, I'm actually kind of hopeful. We really could be a the precipice of big changes in our health care system. But I know that change is not gonna be easy and it damn sure won't be pretty. Insurance companies are not gonna give up the golden teat without a fight and they have lots of resources with which to do battle.

I'm not sure a more frustrating industry exists. These are people who will make your child suffer through six bouts of strep throat before they will cover a tonsillectomy. Miss the mark and only get strep five times? Too bad, little fella. Maybe next year.

I see this kind of nonsense day after day in my job. My boss once actually said "Insurance trumps all ladies." I still feel sick just thinking about that statement.

There just has to be a better way...

No comments: