Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Quoted



"The question of fault feeds the fury of every storm."

- Beth Moore

I am wrecked by how true this statement is. There is no problem that occurs in my life that doesn't send me searching for a way to blame myself. Kevin is guilty of this too. Invariably when presented with a problem, his first response will be "I'm sorry." My response is usually something like "Well babe, I appreciate your apology but I really don't blame your for Obama's capitulation to John Boehner. I was just talking." We both waste precious hours of our lives trying to take the blame instead of looking for a solution. And, look, lots of problems in my life were absolutely my fault. No question.

But sometimes, life just goes awry. Sometimes kids do drugs. Even though you spend thousands of dollars on drug tests, psychologists, psychiatrists, medication, and security systems. Even though you beg, plead, preach, cry, punish, unpunish, blah, blah, blah. Sometimes husbands leave. Even though you are a pretty good, (not perfect), wife. And, sure, if given the chance, all of us would make (hopefully) better decisions if we could get a do-over. But just because a situation teaches you something about how you should handle the next situation doesn't necessarily mean the whole deal was your fault to begin with.

1 comment:

Zebraman said...

I'm sorry you felt compelled to write that post. I take full responsibility. ;-)