Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Facebook Status


So you may have noticed I have a lot of pet peeves. It's not my fault. It's just that I know so many stupid people. It's my cross to bear. So here's my latest one. Facebook statuses...mainly from my female friends. I love to read my friends' statuses. I have many funny friends whose daily antics provide me with much joy. But...some of these people just don't seem to have any kind of filters. Here is what my status could be on any given day.

Woke up at 5AM. Stumbled to the kitchen to start the coffee. Walk dog in cold, creepy darkness. Finish packing 4 to 7 lunch boxes. Double check backpacks for whatever. Pack a couple of snacks for the two littlest girls. Pour first cup of coffee. Sit down. Take two sips of coffee. Go upstairs to wake up two of the kids. Make those kids breakfast (bowl of cereal, yogurt smoothie, toast - nothing that involves a lot of cooking). Sit back down. Read Bible and attempt to pray before getting up again and waking up two more children. Make those kids breakfast. Drink more coffee. Take vitamins. Wake up last child plus teenager. Start nagging younger kids to get dressed. Go wake up teenager again. Continue nagging kids to get dressed. Text teenager to make sure she is awake. Get little kids into the van after hair and teeth brushing. Drive very short distance to their school and drop em off. Return home. Pick up dirty clothes and dishes that kids have left everywhere . Walk dog...again. Have five minutes of conversation with my husband. Yell at teenager to remember her lunch box as she heads out the door. Take middle schooler across town for school. Return home. This gets us to around 8:30AM


You see how annoying that is? Nobody needs that kind of information about my life. Why would anyone feel the need to detail every friggin thing that they do? I can only guess that they want to document each and every minor accomplishment throughout the day to reassure the world that they are DOING something. I love FB and Twitter a bunch. The minutiae of life interests me but I don't plan to start liveblogging the laundry anytime soon. Unless, of course, you guys want to read that...

No comments: